Diapers.com

diapers.com discounts
baby items
use code:
HSHR2420
diapers.combuy baby items at diapers.com
shop for all your baby needs: pampers, britax car seats, davinci cribs. check out baby registry
Not valid for existing Diapers.com, Soap.com or BeautyBar.com customers. Some restrictions apply.

Translate

Monday, June 13, 2011

Penguin Party!

My little man turned the big number 1 this weekend and what a celebration it was! He has always loved penguins so that was the theme. I'll post "how to's" for some of the projects throughout the week but for now enjoy the festivities!

The Dessert Spread (Polar Bear Paw Krispies, Oreo Cookies, Cupcakes, and the infamous Penguin Cake)
 The Penguin Cake (not as hard as it looks!)

 The Menu- Thanks to the zoo for sending me the "Zoo News" a week before the party with a special article and pictures with Penguins (Yay for coincidences)

Location Sign

 Fruit Shark and Veggie Tray

 Drinking Glasses with Chalkboard Paint

 Cookie/Cupcake Snow Pile

 Fruit Shark

 My sis made me pose with my handi-work, thanks sis!

 The "guest book" to write Logan a note (365 Penguins, thanks Alex for the idea)
 What is with the bag lady crashing our party?

 Oh, It's my dad who drove down from Idaho and dressed up to surprise me!
Yes, I'm an emotional mess ever since I was pregnant with Logan. Not the most attractive photo of me.

 My niece loved the cupcakes (and ate 4 I think)

 The cake needed a bathroom break but couldn't find one handy enough.

 He was not into the cake, but ate a ton of fruit (should have made the cake out of that instead!)
Grandpa Nutt and Jill were the big winners with the birthday gifts. He loves the buttons and spinning propeller on his plane and just hugged the penguin which is a new one because he normally only likes hard sterile button type toys. Oh and Grandpa Ted is my hero with the in car DVD player, that will be nice for trips once he actually pays attention to the TV.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful party, sorry you didn't get to see him open his gifts but trust me, they are all awesome and he can't wait to play with them all!

Don't forget to click "Follow" so that you can get all the upcoming posts related to the party!

7 comments:

laxsupermom said...

So many great ideas! Looks like it was so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

CrafterBerly said...

The fruit shark is so great! I have to try that...

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

This is adorable! Great set up!

Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

Ali said...

The watermelon shark is great but I LOVE the little brown penguin. :) Fantastic job Holly!

Clever idea for your signs as well, especially the first picture where you have chalkboard paint on some different pieces of wood. Very cute.

SaraBeth said...

I love the penguin cake!!

I might have a go at one of those for my husband's birthday next month. He's a Linux geek so it's fitting.

Following from the DIY showoff linky

Please pop by
Craft and Cupcakes

veganinthekitchen.com said...

I love the party cups! I am going to make them for our next shin-dig and store them for future parties. What a fun eco-friendly idea!

Bella@Bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com said...

Hey Holly,

Oh man, I am so impressed with your awesome party. I loved everything about it including the bag lady, he he that was just precious.

Sorry about the LATE comment!!!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party :)
I loved this so much, I featured you girl!
Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

Hugs, Bella **Features from week #41 & 42** @ Bella Before and After
**PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. Party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome to link up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...